When you send a message it moves through different states in GC Notify. The real-time dashboard shows the number of messages sent and whether their status is sending, delivered or failed. To learn about delivery speed, read our service level objectives.
A sample dashboard:
For security reasons, this information is only available for 7 days after a message has been sent. You can download a report, including a list of sent messages, for your own records.
Types of message status
GC Notify has the following types of message delivery status:
This means that GC Notify has sent the message to the email or cellular provider. If a text message was sent internationally, some countries do not provide any additional delivery information.
This means the message was successfully delivered to a user’s inbox or phone. GC Notify will not tell you if a user has opened or read a message.
If a message fails to be delivered, you can retry after 72 hours or try a different channel. If a message fails consistently you should remove these contacts from your database.
A message may fail to be delivered for several reasons:
- The email address or phone number does not exist.
- The recipient is not accepting messages right now.
- The message is being blocked by the email or phone carrier.
- The message content is invalid or is being blocked as spam.
- The destination is on a blocked list.
- The recipient has opted out of messages.